Description: See how to Copy Reports as a quick way to add new Reports of a similar type, which can then be updated and customized.
Copy an existing Report as a quick solution to creating additional Reports. The copy will contain the main structure of the original, and the details can then be edited to create a custom Report. The original Report remains unchanged.
If you do want to create an entirely new Report containing no structure, see Add New Reports.
Choose a Report to Copy
Start by deciding what type of Report you need so that you choose a Report to copy that is similar and shares the same data set.
- Click Reports.
- Open Report Folders (click Arrows to expand and collapse Folders).
- To find the most suitable Report:
- Hover over Report name for Actions.
- Click Change Search Criteria to see the Date range and Date Type options, and Filters (Country, Franchise, Booker etc.) that are available to add.
- Click Edit, then Show Available Columns to see a list of available Columns (data points).
Available Columns, Search Criteria and Filters are all dependent on the Category (topic and data set) of the Report. If you don't see the options you need within the Report you selected, repeat the process for a Report in a different Folder.
- Hover over Report Name for Actions, click either Change Search Criteria or Edit.
- Within either Edit Report screen or the Change Search Criteria screen, in the sidebar under Actions, click Copy.
- In the pop-up, enter a Report Name.
If you do not change the name, the copied Report will automatically have the same name as the original with the addition of "Copy".
- Click Copy Report to save and continue.
- Click Close to cancel and return to Available Reports.
Use Copied Report
Your newly copied Report can be found in the same folder as the original (Reports are listed alphabetically in Folders). Now you can use the Report Copy as it is, or you can Edit it, modify the Search Criteria or apply Filters to make it your own, customized version of the Report.
Hover over the Report Copy for Actions, click Change Search Criteria or Edit.
Actions in Edit:
- Change Report name.
- Organize Reports into folders.
- Add and remove Columns of Reports.
- Save changes to Report.
In Change Search Criteria you can:
- Change Date Range.
- Change Date Type (the action or event for the date).
- Apply Exclusive Filters to results such as Country, Office and Route.
- Apply Conditional Filters to set conditions for results.
- Re-run (without changing report) OR save changes to Report.